Sunday, January 18, 2015

Blog Post #1

      EDM310. This has been a topic of conversation many times in several of my education classes. I have heard many students address their opinions related to EDM310. Of the many opinions I have heard, a majority were of a negative manner. Some opinions of this class include "it's a time-suck", "this is a difficult class", and "you have to constantly work in this class." From these many opinions, I have not been looking forward to EDM310. My fears have included not being able to have the time to complete all the work or falling behind and not being able to catch up. After having the first week of class, these fears have mostly subsided. From the very helpful and detailed checklist and seeing the eagerness of Dr. Lomax wanting to help his students, there really is nothing to fear of this class. Compared with other classes I have taken in college or high school, this class does truly have the most projects and assignments I have ever had to complete for one class. Although it seems like this class will be challenging to keep up with, as long as we follow the detailed checklist, I believe that every single student can succeed in this class. For me personally, I believe devoting the 9 hours a week will be the most difficult for me. I am taking 3 other classes and taking care of my two children, so for me balancing my time between this class and my other priorities may be a bit challenging. I believe the best way for me to address my most difficult aspect would be to prioritize my time and classes by using a day planner. Writing out a plan and a schedule for doing work will definitely help me stay organized and on task in all of my classes and still allow time to spend with my family. At the moment I cannot think of any questions about EDM310. I believe the information provided with the syllabus, blog post assignments, and projects is very clear as to what is expected of us students in EDM310.


1 comment:

  1. Misti, I understand your fears because I came into this class with the same worries. After the first week though, I think I kind of calmed down a bit. Like you said, writing down a schedule and making sure you're organized will definitely help. Also, making sure to follow the checklist will be of help. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete